StackOverFlow.com is good for developer

I just got a mail invite for StackOverFlow Beta Testing.

Basically, it's the website similar to Yahoo Answer/Metafilter, but specifically for software developer.

I tried it an hour ago and I was hooked! It has a Digg-like moderation system. You can Upvote/Downvote Questions and Answers. It also has a "reputation system" (slashdot karma?)
where if you contribute positively (insightful answers/question), you gain power to do more things -- like editing posts or even lock offensive posts.

I love the communities! Most helpful and insightful members I've ever seen. I guess it's a small beta so there are mostly veteran developer. I wonder if the post quality will go down when the site is open to public. I also wonder if there's any way to game the reputation system. haha.

0 comments: